Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Single Digits!

No, I'm not just talking about the weather--although it is far beyond cold here in Minnesota!  In just a few short days I will be on a plane on my way to Haiti where it will no longer be in the single digits.  "So, Cassie, are you ready?  Are you packed?"

I don't think that I will ever be completely ready, but God has been preparing me for this my whole life.  He isn't done with me yet, but I'm excited to see how He continues to prepare me for GLORY!  I am trusting Him as I keep walking forward towards this and that trust is a choice I have to make daily.

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache after a night filled with crazy dreams and making a constantly growing "to do" list in my head.  I couldn't sleep.  I couldn't get my brain to stop thinking.  It's after a night like this that I realize that every single day I have to make the choice to TRUST God.  He does have everything under His control.  "He's got the whole world in His hands..."  

I find it odd and reassuring that when I am in need of a little nudge to urge me to keep going and not give up, God provides a shove that knocks me over with blessing reminding me that He is GOD!  How faithful He is!  Even when I only have a week left here with my family and friends, He shows me that I am on the right path through His Word and through His people.  All I can do is say "Thank You, Lord!"  Yes, I have things that will not be accomplished if I don't put some effort in, but I am working for the Lord and in the Lord's strength.  

Brothers and sisters, be praying for me.  Be praying that the things that need to be done will be done; that things that need to be packed will be packed; that all the goodbye hugs would be given in love; and that God would continue to be glorified in my preparing and--a week from now--in my going to serve Him in Haiti.

"Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.  Brothers, pray for us."
1 Thessalonians 5:23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment