Saturday, January 29, 2011

Living the Dream!

The question on the lips of many friends and acquaintances is "So, what are you doing now?"  After explaining the sorting of old stuff, figuring out what needs to be done prior to leaving, meeting with people, working on a variety of different projects, and couch surfing or staying at my parents' place I figure I should simply say "I'm living the dream."  

This "dream" isn't like the American dream or the dream that Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke of in his famous speech.  This dream isn't one that I thought I would ever be living, but it's the one I have been given.  The dream of simply trusting the Lord and letting Him lead.  It's incredibly freeing to be completely surrendered in the capable hands of the Creator of the universe!  I will admit that sometimes I forget that He can and will do what is needed, so I am grateful for the grace upon grace that I have been given.  Yes, I am very grateful!

Even though this "Living the Dream" is a little unconventional, I continue focusing on God and the calling He has given me.  Every item that gets crossed off my checklist  brings me a little closer to Haiti--this place I have been called to serve.  The time is drawing near when I will no longer be sleeping on couches or practicing my Creole with my mom making random noises--definitely NOT Creole--in the background.  Instead, I will be able to practice Creole in Haiti and be corrected a million times when I continually mispronounce word after word.  

Be praying, my dear friends, that God would continue to guide and direct my path and provide every need!  I know that He will!  And I will keep on "Living the Dream"...

No comments:

Post a Comment