Thursday, February 17, 2011

Welcomed with Singing!

I had to smile through my grogginess when I walked from the plane to the bus because of the feeling of "home" I had and the little band playing and singing at the bottom of the stairs.  I loved that moment, even if it only lasted a moment.  After leaving the airport and spending time with a dear friend, I was picked up by the Canaan crew and was given a very warm welcome.

The last 36 hours have been an emotional roller-coaster with missing home, adjusting to a new place, being excited, unpacking, and wondering if this is what my life is going to be like.  I look out my window and see mountains and ocean.  I hear women singing in creole and many dogs barking.  I walk down the path and hear the lizards rustling in the leaves.  I am sweaty a lot of the time.  I see the faces of children laughing and learning.  I wonder "what am I to do here, Lord?"  Well, I'm sure I will find out and He already knows...

Friends, be praying for me!  I am still struggling with my cold and would really like to keep getting better.  Pray that I see God's face and plan as I keep seeking Him and walking down this path.  Pray hard!  Pray often!

Tomorrow, I will be helping out down at the school and hopefully learning the names of these beautiful people!  I am so thankful that God has brought me here!  To Him be the GLORY FOREVER!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you made it safely. Praying that you will have a quick mind and an obedient spirit as you learn and serve these people. Enjoy the hot weather for me. By the way the article was in the paper. It was great. You pointed to Jesus. Love you.

    ReplyDelete