Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On the Road...or In the Air!

I'm always so intrigued by people in airports.  There are those people reading their novels and looking up and around every once and a while whether that is to stretch their neck or see who is watching them.  Then there are the cell phone people who seem to be either whispering discreetly or yelling into their cell phones about a variety of topics from how often to walk the puppy they left at home or the tickets they left on the table.  The group travelers, the movie watchers--who are very entertaining when they chuckle out loud, the sleepers, the wanderers, and the computer people--this is the group that I am currently a part of in the Chicago airport (obviously).  

I can't believe I'm on my way down to Haiti.  This past week has been filled with last minute details, many goodbyes, and many more tears.  I am overwhelmed with the love and support I have been given by such a variety of people.  On Sunday, there was a "Send Off" party for me and I felt so blessed by the people who came to bid me farewell and show their support.  I got to see dear friends from the past who I never see enough, church family members, cousins, prayer warriors, and so many other people who have been a blessing to me!  Fighting back tears that day was a common occurrence.  I didn't know that trying so hard not to cry would be so exhausting.  Sometimes I succeeded, but other times the tears just flowed.  I couldn't help it!

People have been asking me if I am excited and ready for this new adventure.  The answer is--now that I am on my way--a resounding "YES"!  Two other words I would use to describe how I'm feeling about this change in my life are:  BLESSED and HUMBLED.  I don't know of a better way to describe this, but I know that God is blessing me so I can bless others and is keeping me humble so He gets all the GLORY.  I'm excited to see how He continues to work!

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you, Cas! I remember praying with you and others during our lunch time in high school in the little room in the library...since then I have known that you would do God's work in places near and far. May God bless your new adventure!
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen Nash (the mom)February 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM

    You know me...the mom...a bit concerned about the cold you developed. Now I really have to trust God to take care of you, since I can't be there to remind you to take your vitamins, get your rest and so on. However, He's got the whole world in His hands...including you...and as the old song says, God will take care of you, and on and on. Me and you...we're going to rest in those promises. And He'll get the GLORY. Love you...mom

    ReplyDelete