Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Good News and the Bad News.

For those of you who have struggled with deciding what to tell first and what to tell second if you have both good news and bad, you will relate to this...but I have decided to start with the bad news.

As of late, the hospital at Diquini has become a very familiar sight for me.  I have been visiting there often for a couple of reasons.  Yesterday, it was to visit the emergency room.  For myself.  I was napping yesterday afternoon and woke up to some commotion outside.  I quickly jumped out of bed, thought I took a step, and fell immediately to the floor.  My legs were sleeping and could not hold me.  I cried out and Al came to my rescue--what a great guy--and rushed me away to the ER to find no broken bones, but damaged ligaments in my left ankle.

I am on crutches now and in what they call and air cast for anywhere between 2-4 weeks.  I never realize how difficult things can become until I had to climb, no crawl, up three stairs to get to the bathroom and try to figure out how to get down without falling. It's kind of a funny way to end up injured, but I'm thinking that God has a plan for this...as He always does.

Let's rewind a little bit, yesterday was the ER, but before that I was already fairly familiar with the processes of the hospital at Diquini.  Why?  Because I have been going there for the past month because we are expecting a BABY!  This is GREAT news!  We are so excited for this new chapter in our lives and would really appreciate your prayers as we prepare for the baby and as God continues to create this little one before he or she is born.

So, as we are preparing for teams coming in the next month and as we are making decisions regarding my role with these teams, be praying for my health, for wisdom and guidance, and for God to be glorified above all things!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cass what to do with you, now that you're wearing a "cast" :) anyways hun I pray that you feel better and stay off those feet and I always go for the bad news first.... Congratulations on your addition I know he or she will be a bundle of joy. Love and miss you Shelly

    ReplyDelete