Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The More I Talk...

I have been back from Haiti for a little over two weeks now and I have found that the more I talk about my experiences in Haiti--the people I love, the country I am called to, the fun times, and the sad times--the more I realize how excited I am to get back!  I do love my family and friends here--please know that.  I remember when I first went to Haiti, almost a year ago, I didn't want to go at all.  If, a year ago, you would have told me that I would be where I am--getting ready to go back to Haiti for a year and planning on spending much of the rest of my life there--I wouldn't have believed it.  

Thinking back on my last year and sharing about how things have changed reminds me that I had nothing to do with this.  On my own, none of this would have been possible.  All I can do is point to God!  His plan, His faithfulness, and His love is what made me decide to go to Haiti in the first place.  He is the one who gave me a vision and a passion like this.  He is the one who gave me the ability to go.  There is nothing about me in this.  This is all about God.  As is my life!

So, again, as the busyness is taking over and as I have more places to go and people to see, it's good to be reminded of God's faithfulness in my own testimony, but, again, I must surrender my life to my King daily!  It's amazing how busyness takes away from what God has for us.  It's time for me to spend more time with Him.  To be filled up before I head back to Haiti to serve Him there again!  To be able to share the vision He has given me!  I cannot wait to see how He continues to show His faithfulness every day--here in the states and in Haiti!  For His GLORY--FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment