Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Grand Finish!

You all remember how I have been working with some students in my own classroom right?  Well, as the school year is coming to a close, all of the kids are finishing up their work for the year.  One student, in particular, has captured my heart.  He is very difficult at times, a jokester always, but still very dear to my heart.  Joel has a hard time focusing on his work and has become a little discouraged as he has not completed a lot of work lately.

I have been pushing him the last several weeks to learn the information in his school work and pass his tests.  I have seen such an improvement in his attitude and his work ethic.  Today, he took his last test.  I told him on the walk down to school that he must come find me to let me know how he did.  I told him that when he passes it, he should be really excited.  By the time the first break came around, Joel came to see me with a silly grin on his face.  "Miss Cassie," he said quietly while smirking.  "I passed my Math..."  He smiled so big and gave me a huge hug!  "I am so proud of you, Joel," I said.  "I knew you could do it!"

I will never forget that hug and that grin.  He felt so accomplished!  There are so many other stories of these kids finishing up and finishing well.  They are feeling like they have been pushed...and know that they can do much.  Some still have a ways to go before school is finished next week.  Be praying that they can all stay strong and finish what they must.  Pray that we, as teachers and staff, would have patience with them.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Cassie...I am so proud of you and the way you have been an encouragement to those kids. They and you I think have been blessing each other in your interactions. Prayers are being sent on your behalf and all those kiddos. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete