Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feet in the Water, Eyes on Jesus

This morning as I sat at the side of a Minnesota lake with my feet dangling in the water, I was reminded of the importance of keeping my eyes focused on Jesus.  In Psalm 105 and 106, the Psalmist recounts some of the history of Israel going through the wilderness and time after time, they forgot God.  And then in verse 8 of Psalm 106 it says, "Yet He saved them for His name's sake, that He might make known His mighty power."  Now, here it was in reference to the exodus from Egypt but time after time God spared the Israelites even when they forgot Him.  

I am very human.  I fall short of God's glory daily in my calling, in my life.  I was thanking God for grace today as I was seeking His mercy and guidance.  He is so good and His mercy really is new every morning.  How great is our God! 

I have come to the realization that Satan is not fond of me.  When struggles and trials and hard things happen, I sometimes wonder if Satan is trying to derail me and take my focus away from my Jesus.  Sometimes, he succeeds and my eyes wander from the One who deserves all the glory, honor, and praise.  I forget what I am doing and who I am doing it for, but God is patient with me and reminds me through a variety of means that He is God and He is in control of all things!  

This is why it is SO important to DAILY take up my cross and follow HIM!  Please be praying that my heart remains steadfast, my mind remains steadily on my Jesus, and I would remain faithful to my calling as God continues to amaze with me constantly in confirming my call.  

"Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually!"--Psalm 105:4

No comments:

Post a Comment