Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Character Trait Development

In the program that we are using at the school, we have Biblical Character Traits that we are teaching the students.  With each trait, there is a definition and a memory verse that the students are supposed to memorize throughout the week.  We have looked at being forgiving, respectful, truthful, diligent, and this week we are learning how to be kind.

To help instill this into the students' lives and hearts, I was asked to develop daily devotionals for the teachers to use in their classrooms before the day gets too busy.  It's so important to seek the Lord in the morning.  So, each week I look at a character trait, its definition, and the memory verse and pull Bible characters or passages that would relate to that particular character trait.  It's been a challenge, but I have enjoyed it!  I have found that a lot of the time, I am writing to remind myself that I need to have this character trait in my life.  Praise God for the ways that He continues to work!

Brother Amos is pictured here giving one of the opening devotionals.  He is so great to listen to.  When he really wants to get a point across, he says it in English, then in Creole, then in English again.  He really gets into making sure these kids learn their character traits and are putting them into practice!  It's a great thing!  :)

I am so glad that these blessed children of the King are learning about Him and learning about how to be more like Him and shine His light here!  Pray for them as they keep learning about Him.  Pray for their teachers as they train up this new generation.  Pray for us here as we seek to serve and glorify the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment