Friday, March 25, 2011

Joy Filled!

There is something to be said about having uncontrollable joy.  You laugh more, you wake up singing, you praise the Lord, and nothing seems to get you down.  It's easy to forget when the busyness and the anxiousness and the  wondering sets in to ask for that joy.  Oh, because we don't take time to seek the Giver of joy, we lack so many things!

Yesterday was a VERY good day!  Woke up early to get ready for school (that makes things easy, because I know what to wear!), spent some time with the Lord and was reminded of a fun kids' praise song by my lovely house-mate, Caroline--"Amen!  Praise the Lord!  Amen!  Praise the Lord!  Glory!  Hallelujah!  Praise the Lord!  I'm gonna jump down, turn around, touch the ground and praise my Lord!"  What a great way to start the day!

Eggs on a bun for breakfast and ready to go to school with my cold water bottle--I really like it when it's cold!  It was a quieter morning in school and I was able to focus on a single student for a while.  She got so excited when she started to get the correct answers!  There's never enough time though...so many students, so few people to help them....

I was kind of bummed because I couldn't help all the students who needed me yesterday, but remembering today that my joy comes from the Lord and I ought to give my day to the Lord, give Him my best and pray He will give me wisdom and guidance to help the right amount of students each day.

We finished our day with Bible Study with the missionaries last night.  I felt the Spirit of the Lord in that place last night.  I just wanted to keep praying and singing and studying and learning and sharing.

There are going to be things that can bring me down--there were yesterday, but I know that God will give me strength and joy if I seek Him during those times.  Then I will continue to have VERY good days!  May you all have VERY good days too!

"A joyful heart is good medicine..."  Proverbs 17:22a

No comments:

Post a Comment