Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In the Midst

I know, it's kind of cheesy to use my blog title as the title of this post, but it seems so appropriate today.  "The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save, we will rejoice over you with gladness, he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."  Zephaniah 3:17.  I have felt the presence of the Lord during the past several days.  

On Saturday, I went up the hill and sat on my own singing praises to the King as the sun was setting.  I wanted more time to be with Jesus.  When I came down I craved more of Him.  That evening, I became ill.  I was curled up in a ball on Sunday not wanting to move.  Sanite and others came and prayed over me.  There is power in prayer, my friends.  The Lord was with me.  Sanite kept reminding me that God was with me.  He is in the midst.  

After another day of weakness, Sanite came back last night with 4 other women of faith here at Canaan.  This was a beautiful expression of God's love and faithfulness to us.  I sat on the bed and they all looked at me, waiting for me to do something.  I cannot speak the language enough to express how I was feeling, but they didn't mind.  They started singing.  A beautiful song followed by a prayer.  They all prayed at the same time in Creole so I didn't understand much of it.  They prayed for me and for Caroline--my roommate who was also sick.  Asking for God to heal us and be with us.  This went on for several minutes.  Such a heartfelt genuine prayer...ending with "Thank you, Lord....Thank you, Lord...."  They each came and gave me a hug and said, "God Bless You."  A peace rushed over me and I felt so loved by--not only these women--God.  

I praise God for this experience, even though I was not well, He has been blessing me with His presence.  He is my comfort.  He is here in the midst of sickness.  In the midst of singing.  In the midst of His people.  To Him be all the honor and glory forever, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment