Saturday, January 22, 2011

Remembering the Reason

Last night, when I was fast asleep, I was woken up--not by a loud noise or a nightmare--by a bright light shining through my window.  The clouds had parted and the moon was so bright that I was confused about what this light was.  Peace came over me and I rolled over saying, "Thank you, Jesus."  This morning as I was remembering what happened last night and it was a beautiful thing.  The moon pierced the darkness and could not be hidden much like the city on a hill described in Matthew 5:14-16:  "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."  What an amazing reminder of what God has called us to:  Be a light in the darkness and give glory to our Heavenly Father.  Praise God for the different beautiful ways He reminds us of our calling and the honor it is shine His light in dark places.


I have had days of incredible hope and encouragement and days of discouragement as I continue planning and preparing to serve in Haiti.  I was able to attend the Association Free Lutheran Congregations Pastor's Conference where God provided opportunities to talk to many different pastors and their wives about the ministry He is calling me to.  I am praying that He will continue to provide many more opportunities to share with others this heart and passion God has given me.  


I know I am called to be a light for Christ in Haiti, but in the meantime I need to be a light here, wherever I am.  It's sometimes really difficult to be patient when I desperately want to be in Haiti, but it's in those times--when I'm struggling--that I remember that God's timing is perfect and He will provide the funding, the prayer supporters, and everything necessary for me to go.  So, I continue walking in faith and trusting that God will continue to pave the way for me as I seek His will.  


I will remember the moon and His light that pierces the darkness like a city on a hill.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Cassie. And so true. I love how the Lord shows us his power, his beauty, and his light --even in the midst of night.

    Praying for you.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, awesome! I didn't know you were on here! So glad, and your blogging is great. Keep up the good work, Cassie. :D -Seth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be the light you need to be. Jesus called us to be a light because the world is full of darkness. I am glad that I walk in the light. I want you to know this: no mater how heavy the darkness is the little light is greater.

    Jean O.DELCY

    ReplyDelete