Friday, February 28, 2014

Staffing and Building

This week finds Al and I separated by a mountain range. Literally. Gressier is on the northern coast of the southern peninsula and Jacmel is situated on the south coast. The miles are not that many but the almost two hour drive winds through one of the mountain ranges of Haiti. On my side of the mountain range, Bityah and I are staying in our normal daily routine of me cooking and her napping.  While she is napping, I have been working on staff schedules, coordinating trip set up with other staff and working through emails praying that nothing gets missed.

It's getting to be a daunting task getting all those trips staffed. I try so hard to be fair so all our staff serve on an equal amount of trips. They all want to serve well. They all want to serve much. I believe we now have the quantity and quality of staff members we need to lead the many trips that will take place this summer. All for God's glory. I have to remember that as I am praying through the schedule and placing staff members where I think they are needed. Pray with me, friends.

Al is in Jacmel serving with a team of eight. Woogy, the pastor of the group has been coming to Haiti with teams since 2010. Often, he brings a youth group that focuses on sports and children's ministry. This time it's an adult group and they are here to build.

On the previous trips Woogy's team visited an orphanage. The pastor's vision was to add on to the orphanage so the boys and girls would be separated more. In almost 2 years, nothing changed. Woogy and his church decided it was time something was done. They felt the call to come and build. So here they are. Building. Making a difference for these children. Making a difference for the Kingdom. 

So, there is a mountain range between Al and me this week. We are both serving. We are both wishing we could be together--I can't pretend that it's easy. So be praying for us friends. Pray for the ministry. Pray for us and our family. Pray that God would continue to lead and guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment