Monday, February 24, 2014

Refreshed and Exhausted

Last week flew by so quickly. But, why? Al and I have been incredibly busy with different things. He was busy with meetings with pastors, visits to communities, responses to emails and preparations for our staff meeting while I was busy communicating with staff, writing and updating our staff manual, and preparing for training with our staff. The time flew by as I tries to think of every possible scenario our staff may encounter and every policy they need to be aware of and I became tired. At the end of Al's day, he would find himself energized and me exhausted most of the time. 

The time for the meetings came and we were delightfully more prepared than we had ever been. We even got a good night of sleep the night before the meeting. We planned to spend some time in worship, but didn't realize how much time. And. It. Was. Awesome. We covered what we needed to cover and had good discussion about being a servant of God and signed all the places we were supposed to sign and spent time in fellowship with each other and, somehow, God multiplied our time.

The piano, the drum, the guitar, the voices. All in harmony. All praising the only One who deserves praise. Song after song and then a switch in languages. Beautiful. For the audience of One. 

At the end of the day I felt refreshed and exhausted at the same time. The long day may have worn me out but it energized me to be in the presence of our King.

A wonderful day.  I am blessed even when I am busy. God even sent another blessing as we were going to sleep. Rain. I fell asleep a very happy and blessed and refreshed and exhausted person that night. 

Thank You, God for the blessing of serving You, worshiping You, and resting in You. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment