Friday, February 14, 2014

One Night

You know that old hymn "Heaven Came Down and Glory Filled My Soul"? Well, we have it here,too. Only it's translated "heaven came down. It fills my soul with joy". That has me thinking. I love the reminder of the joy filling my soul. 

It was 10:30 pm here and from the church up the hill I heard this song sing in thanksgiving to the One joy-giver. Sometimes hearing the music and noises around me frustrates me as I am trying to sleep or Bityah is sleeping, but not this night. This night I happily hummed along to song after song. I listened to the harmonies. I could almost hear the angels sing along. I looked up the hill and thought about what the scene looked like as I had been there before. 

The woman in the flowered dress with her eyes closed and hands raised singing and swaying. The youthful sixteen year old girl marching back and forth across the platform with the microphone in one hand and other hand lifted high worshipping the King and inviting others to do so. The twenty-something guy off to the side finding the harmonies and passionately praising. The little boy that has rhythm and dances along to the drum beat. 

"Mesi Senye" I hear as the song ends. "Thank You, Lord." It's said and repeated several times and I picture the hands raised and waving side to side. Then clapping. Applause for the One joy-giver. In my mind's eye, it's a beautiful sight. 

On this night, the noise did not bother me. On this night, my heart was filled with joy. On this night, a little bit of heaven came down and filled my soul with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment