Thursday, December 8, 2011

What a welcome!

Tuesday morning I arrived in Haiti.  Almando met me at the airport and we wasted no time jumping back into ministry.  We visited Life is Hope orphanage and checked in with Pastor Jean.  He was glad to see us.  The kids looked happy and well so that was refreshing to see.  We were back in Carrefour before noon.  Busy morning! The house I have been calling home was getting a facelift when we arrived there.  Several men from the church were painting and at noon they all took a prayer break.  Al and I joined them.  I felt so at home again with the scripture reading and prayer and singing.  I don't know how long that time lasted, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Yesterday, we visited Haiti Christian Orphanage.  The boys were so happy and excited to have us around.  We met with Pastor Rick about visiting more often and he was glad to know we would be around.   All the traveling in the last couple of days has really made me need more sleep at night, so I was showered and in bed by 8 pm last night and am still feeling I need more sleep in the coming days. We are looking forward to many more visits in the coming weeks with both Haiti Christian Orphanage and Life is Hope Orphanage as well as many churches and pastors around in the area.  It really is amazing how much there is to do and how God really has opened doors for us to be involved!  It is all for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment