Monday, December 12, 2011

The Building Could Not Contain the Praise

It almost sounded muffled in that high ceilinged church.  Not muffled because things were quiet and still.  Muffled because the room could not contain the sound of the two thousand people of God singing His praises.  There was music. There was singing. There was dancing with joy before the Lord.  I couldn't hear them, but I am sure the angels were rejoicing with us.

It seemed as though the building was going to explode!  I thought my heart would too as I sang along with the songs I knew and listened carefully while the church sang.  Echoes of "hallelujah" and "Mesi Jezi" filled the air.  This went on for almost two hours before the preacher came forward and preached.   Hands were often raised and "Amen" was shouted out frequently.  I believe God was glorified in this night.  In each night.

This is what happens during a conference night at Cote Plage.  This particular conference is happening every night at 5pm from December 4th until the 31st.  I have gone two nights so far and both nights have been incredible.  Worship, praise, dancing, singing, clapping, shouting, preaching, praying, and listening to God's Word preached is a great way to spend an evening.   Now, that's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment