Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Continue...

Somehow, I have gotten used to life here so that nothing seems overly exciting to me anymore, so I apologize for my lack of blogging. I am used to the lizard that likes to live on my dresser, the dogs having a barking competition in the night, the singing and praying coming from the girls next door, wearing a uniform for school, and sleeping under a mosquito net. These things don't surprise me anymore and seem very normal.

I am sitting here on the couch listening to the daily routine begin to happen. The babies are waking up, the girls are singing to calm them down, the bell just rang to alert the kids that breakfast will be on the table soon, and the someone just walked by with a wheelbarrow.

I've noticed that staying in one place for a longer period of time is much different than a short term mission trip because you get to really know the people you work with and live with. You get to see the kids on their best and worst behavior. People start recognizing that you aren't going anywhere for a while and start opening up to you. You can't push yourself to exhaustion every day because you will get sick—just like at home—and you will need time to recover.

I love living here in Haiti. The trial period with Canaan is about half way over and I am seeking the Lord and His will in where He wants me to be as I continue serving Him here. Right now, I don't know if He wants me to stay here at Canaan or go in another direction with another ministry. I want to be in the place where my life and service would bring Him the most glory.

I ask you to pray, dear friends! Pray that God would walk before me and guide my steps and that I would recognize His leading. As ministry continues, here at Canaan, pray that I would continue to see how I can best be used to bring glory to God and help people recognize His greatness! I want to see those divine appointments and take advantage of every opportunity to serve Him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment