Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Christmas Mission


I heard the bells on Christmas Day
The old familiar carols play
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth goodwill to men

This Christmas season this song stuck in my head and rolled around for a long time. This verse was stuck for a long while:

And in despair I bowed my head
"There is no peace on earth" I said
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth goodwill to men"



Listening to the news and the problems here and around the world made me bow my head in despair. I thought to myself: there is no peace on earth. I became sad and a little overwhelmed with the lack of peace, but the more I listened to the song, the more the last verse became brighter to me.


Then pealed the bells more loud an deep
God is not dead nor does he sleep
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth goodwill to men!

I started looking for what God was up to this Christmas. I found one thing that was incredibly beautiful. Our staff has been saving to do a mission on their own this year. It happened the week before Christmas that several of our guys went up to Mirbalais to start building a church for a congregation in need.  They worked hard digging the foundation together with the help of many church volunteers who were inspired by our guys to serve. 

These are some pictures that tell the story of our Christmas mission.  One that reminded me of the hope we have in Christ.















No comments:

Post a Comment