Sunday, December 30, 2012

In Reality

I have had "remember to blog" written on my calendar every day since Christmas this week and each of those days, I even had something to blog about.  

On Christmas, the blog was going to be called "Christmas at Our House" and it was going to talk about all the festivities that took place whether it was getting over a sickness or cooking the second Christmas dinner (Al had to cook two because I was in bed with the flu), exchanging gifts and sharing the Christmas story here or skyping into the Christmas gathering my family was having in the states.  

The next day, the blog would have been called "No Balance" as Almando and I crashed hard that day and didn't know what to do with ourselves because we weren't working and didn't have anything to build.  We slept.  We learned that we don't have a balance and need to figure that out in the near future--so you can be praying for us.

Thursday night we went to church and I was reminded of how important it was to be filled up before serving and pouring out.  "You can't give" would have been the blog title that day, because when you don't have anything, you can't give anything.  That night, I watched a 5 year old worship the Lord with such innocence, passion, and joy and I prayed that I would be drawn into that place.  Filled with the love, joy, peace, passion, and Spirit of the Lord.

Friday would have been called "Changed Plans" as we were helping out another PPM Trip Leader with an airport pick up that was delayed so we couldn't make it home that night.  But, the conversations I had with the group that evening were refreshing and a blessing that made the changed plans look not so  bad.

Yesterday--if you saw my facebook status, you would already know--would have been called "Long Day".  From the car breaking down to cooking food all day long for a group of hungry people from the church, it was a humorously long day.  In the end, all was completed, everyone was happy and had a wonderful time of fellowship (and food), and we rested.

In reality, today is Sunday, and I am much too late to write all of these blogs, but you can see bits and pieces from these little snippets!  So, today's blog is called "In Reality" where sometimes life gets too busy and sometimes you just need to rest because tomorrow is another day.  And in this reality we live, for now.  It's fitting because it's almost the end of the year and it's time to look again and see how we spend our days and our limited time.  I want to learn to balance my time better and learn to keep things in perspective so I am not easily stressed or overwhelmed.

The pastor today preached on Psalm 90.  Verse 12 stuck out to me and it will be my prayer.  "So teach us to number our days so we may get a heart of wisdom."  Wisdom to know how to use our days for the glory of God.  Wisdom to know when to rest.  Wisdom to know when to speak and when to be silent.  This week showed me that I need this wisdom.  Maybe some of you do too.  

It's my prayer today.  Please join me in praying too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment