Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear God...

I had to chuckle when I wrote that title, not because prayer is funny, but because of my experience of praying in Creole the week before I had to leave Haiti.  I'll write what I said in English so you call can understand why I had to laugh at myself:  "Thank you, Lord for today and for grace and for all the people together here today. Amen."  


Prayer is so vitally important and I am so glad that God can hear the prayers of our hearts when our words don't quite suffice!  In Creole, my words are limited.  Very limited.  Today, I feel like I am praying in an even more limited language.  My words are not coming out and cannot express what my heart is saying.  Romans 8:26-28 says, "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.  And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."


And so, Dear God,
You know what you have planned for me.  You know my heart and my thoughts better than I do.  God, I need Your peace today and Your love and comfort to surround me.  I am so grateful that You allow us to approach you in the midst of good times, in the fire, and in the battles we face.  I am thankful that You are God and I am not.  Lord, I surrender to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment