Tuesday, July 26, 2011

4 o'clock!

I really don't know what started this, but I know it started sometime last fall after I returned from Haiti.  I didn't know then that I would be where I am now...looking forward to much more time in Haiti, but I felt the need to be praying for this country I had such a passion for!  I didn't want to forget my friends, the ministry, the local church, or even the government.  I must have told someone that I would be praying for Haiti, so I set my alarm on my phone for that purpose.  Every day at 4 o'clock I heard the BIDIRIDIRIDIRIDIRIDIRID! BIDIRIDIRIDIRIDIRIDIRID!  It's funny because even when my phone was on silent the speakers would blare this sound into the office, the movie theater, the bank, or wherever else I would happen to be at 4.  I would remember to pray for Haiti...

When I returned from Haiti in June, I turned my old phone on--it had been on standby while I was away.  It shocked me when it was 4 o'clock, because I had forgotten that alarm was still set.  Haiti is often on my mind now as I have been reflecting on the several months I was there and now that I am preparing to return, but I haven't turned that alarm off for some reason.  I guess it is because I still need to be reminded to pray.  To pray for the people of Haiti, the ministry that is happening there, the government, even the weather--we are really praying that hurricane season would again be non-existent in Haiti this year.  I need to be reminded.  So easily we forget the things we need to remember most.

And so, God,
I come before you again, crying out for the people of Haiti.  Lord, like Habakkuk prayed, I ask that in the midst of these years revive Your works, in the midst of these years make Your works known!  God, send a revival that would make Haiti a light that people turn to and they would see You working there!  Lord, be with Your children and give them a hunger to know You more!  You are good and You are God!  May Your name be praised and lifted up in Haiti and around the world!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment