Saturday, December 21, 2013

Merry Christmas

I am writing this from where I have spent so many Christmases: my parents' farm in central Minnesota. Yes, it is colder here than in Haiti, but we are enjoying the time of rest and celebration here with my family.  It is great to be here. Even now I am hearing the sounds of my nephew playing with his "Uncle Al" and Grandpa. So great to be with family. We are taking this weekend to celebrate the birth of our King all together.

This morning, at brunch, my dad prayed that we would remember why we celebrate and why we give gifts.  We give gifts because God gave us the greatest gift of all...Jesus.

My prayer is that while we are all celebrating this Christmas season--whether we are in Haiti, the US, or anywhere else in the world--we will remember the gift God gave to us in Jesus: salvation and eternal life with Him.  The greatest gift of all... 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment