Friday, November 8, 2013

On the side...

It seems that the opportunities to minister are never lacking as The Lord gives Al and me the privilege to serve Him. Many times those opportunities are not in our plans, but they are in His.

In the past weeks and months I have noticed a theme in my "on the side" opportunities. Young women reaching out to find out how God called, led, and provides for me/us. He is faithful when you obey. I share my story with them and answer their specific questions and pray God would use my words and my story in some way to guide or inspire them.  It's been a blessing to be able to have this ministry on the side.

For Al, he's a builder.  You would see that if you came to our house with tools and a seemingly never ending list of things he has built for our home.  It's wonderful to be so talented in this way.  He has started to build things for other people who need them.  Pastor Samson's wife came to our house, saw a shelving unit we have in our storage room and asked Al if he could come build at their house. He did.  He and a friend of his are starting to look for more opportunities to bless those they come across with things they can build, whether that is shelves or tables.  God has blessed him with such talent--to serve Him.

How beautiful it is to be able to bless others with our story, our time, and our talents.  These are just ministries "on the side".  I love the opportunities that God gives us in our lives.  All the glory is to Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment