Monday, July 1, 2013

Looking Back

Today, I have been reflecting some on my time here in Haiti.  I can't believe that it has been two and a half years already.  God is so good and faithful.  He has blessed me in so many ways with wonderful friends and family down here.  One of those people is my reason for looking back today.

Sam-Mya is the daughter of Pastor Samson--if you have been following my blog since the beginning, you will know that I lived with Pastor Samson and his family for about 4 months during my first year here.  When I was living with Sam-Mya, she was always a bundle of energy and joy.  She was incredibly dedicated to her studies (she was finishing up high school at the time) and was active in church.  I loved greeting the family when I returned home after a long day of work.  Sam-Mya would jump up and greet me with "Bonswa, Cassie" and gave me a "mwuah" kiss on the cheek.  I love this girl!

She is on my mind today because she is in the hospital and not doing well.  From what I understand, she went into the hospital late Tuesday night with seizures after a stressful first year of medical school.  She has now been transferred two times to different hospitals and her family is prayerfully waiting for answers.  She is still not talking.  

I am telling you this today because I want you to pray for this wonderful girl.  I am hoping to go see her tomorrow with Almando and pray with her family.  We know that all things are in God's mighty hand and He has her in His hand now.  Please pray for her and Pastor Samson and his family.  

Thank you for not only supporting us in prayer, but for lifting up Sam-Mya as well.

1 comment: